We know that sometimes people have medical issues or symptoms that they need to be seen for sooner rather than having to wait weeks for an appointment. That’s why we’ve added Immediate Care to our Templeton location to see patients with non-life-threatening conditions that would not require a visit to the emergency room. Immediate Care is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Information from your Immediate Care visit is reported to your CHC primary care provider and they can act according ly should you require additional treatment. This is yet another example of how CHC works to create a one-stop source for all your healthcare needs.
What exactly is immediate care meant for?
People can go to CHC Templeton’s Immediate Care clinic and get seen without an appointment if they have symptoms such as:
- Minor Strains or Sprains
- Cuts and severe scrapes
- Minor injuries or burns
- Ear infection
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pains
- Back, muscle, and body aches
- Cough, sore throat or fever (may require a visit to our Viral Clinic)
- Cold or flu (may require a visit to our Viral Clinic)
- Urinary infection (UTI)
- Breathing Issues (such as asthma)
- Skin Rashes or Infections
When should you go the ER?
Emergency rooms are equipped to handle true emergencies, trauma, x-rays, surgical procedures, and other life-threatening conditions. If you experience any of these conditions, please GO TO THE ER IMMEDIATELY:
- Severe allergic reactions due to food, or animal/bug bites (anaphylaxis)
- Chest pain
- One-sided weakness or numbness in an arm or leg
- Severe shortness of breath
- Deep wounds
- Head Injuries
- Constant vomiting
- Continuous bleeding